Throughout my WW journey, I've learned how to eat scrumptious food that is simply lower in calories and makes me feel good. Just because you're on a diet does not mean that you can't eat good food!
Don't these veggies look SO delicious??
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into thirds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 oz. snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet with lid over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning over until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 Tablespoon butter to the same skillet and keep heat on medium. Add carrots and 1/2 cup water to steam. Cover and simmer until the carrots are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Uncover and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook until the water evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining 1 T. butter. Add the asparagus, snow peas, and a dash of salt. Cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the apricot preserves, dijon, and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, along with the green onions and apricot mixture. Simmer, making sure everything is covered in the delicious sauce! Season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!!
Source: Food Network