Last summer, my hubby brought home a big bushel of peaches and my mom and I went straight to work making all kinds of amazing peach goodies! We had a few left and were wondering what else we could make. After a quick search online, I found this recipe for peach cobbler. When I find a new recipe with a high-star rating, I always like to read the comments and see other people's suggestions. The result of a few tweaks is my recipe below!
I couldn't wait to find good peaches this year. This was the number one peach item on my list, and it did not disappoint, yet again!
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 6 good-sized servings
- 7 peaches, peeled and sliced thin
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- approx. 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Layer the peaches in the bottom of the dish. Drizzle vanilla and honey over the peaches and gently stir to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add oats and stir to combine. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Evenly top the peaches with the crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes until the topping is lightly golden brown and bubbling.
Source: Modified from All Recipes