When I'm shopping for these potatoes, I always look for the Tasteful Selections--Red Sensations potatoes in the small bags. They're about 40 ounces each. I usually get 2 bags to feed about 8 or 9. I've tried my grocery store's brand of potatoes, but they're really not as good. This brand has a great, creamy inside and I rarely find a bad potato in the bag!
Total Time (if baking): 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Feeds about 8
For 1 bag of potatoes:
For 2 bags of potatoes:
- Clean and cut potatoes in halves or quarters, depending on size. (You want the pieces to be about the same size, so that they cook evenly.)
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a gallon zip top bag. Add the potatoes and onions. Close the bag and toss gently to completely coat.
- Cooking Method #1: Using a nonstick grill basket or basket coated with cooking spray, grill 15-20 minutes until potatoes are slightly crispy.
- Cooking Method #2: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until fork tender. Enjoy!!