In the process of making all of our Christmas goodies, we need to eat a filling and delicious meal that does not take too long! Boy, do I sure have just the meal for you!
Many times, I have breaded the chicken and fried it until it is cooked through, and then I stopped right there! The chicken without the sauce and cheese is fantastic on its own with a side of barbeque sauce. But, to make it even better, this is absolutely the best chicken parmesan you can make with marinara sauce and gooey mozzarella on top! I promise you will love it :)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: serves 4
- 4 chicken breasts, thin or pounded thin
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs**
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese**
- 1 cup marinara sauce**
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese**
**All of these ingredients are approximate. I typically add these ingredients until it looks like there is enough! You don't have to actually measure each of these out :)
- In a large frying pan with lid, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken in egg and then in seasoned bread crumbs. Add to the pan. Fry chicken about 6-7 minutes per side, until the outside is golden brown and the chicken is done. Drain the olive oil from the pan and set back down on the burner.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with parmesan cheese. Spoon some marinara sauce on top and add plenty of mozzarella cheese! Cover the pan with lid and allow to sit on low until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Don't add too much sauce, as the breading will get soggy. Serve with spaghetti and garlic toast and enjoy!!