It's also incredibly simple to make, and you can easily make it ahead of time! Ok, my mouth is really watering now!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooling Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 big pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large box (5.1 oz) vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8-oz.) container CoolWhip (I didn't use the whole thing) or make your own batch of whipped cream from scratch! I'm honestly not a huge fan of CoolWhip, but I thought it was fine on this!
- 1 bottle chocolate sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a glass 9x13 baking pan.
- For the crust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add in flour and mix together. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time until each are completely incorporated. Spread mixture into pan, covering bottom and sides evenly. Mixture will be very wet, so make sure to grease the pan only very lightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. You may want to check every once in a while, so that it does not overcook. (Do not punch down bubbles!) Remove from oven when done and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile for the filling: Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl and whisk for 3 minutes, until it thickens. Let the pudding chill in the fridge. Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Once the pudding is thick and chilled, completely mix the cream cheese into the pudding. Make sure there are no lumps. Let this chill in the fridge.
- Once the crust is cooled, add the filling and spread evenly. Top with an even layer of CoolWhip, however thick you would like. Serve immediately, or place in fridge until serving time. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce!