Any time my mom (Lynnie herself!) brings these to a family function or party, they go immediately. They are so simple to make, and they are easy to add that extra little bit of "flair" by using a pastry bag and star tip for the swirl design. I hope you like them!
Yield: 2 dozen eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Paprika, for decorating the tops
- To hard boil the eggs: Place the eggs in a single layer in the bottom of a large pot. Cover with water so that the water is about 2 inches above the tops of the eggs.
- Turn the heat to high until it reaches a full boil. Turn of the heat and cover the pot with a lid. Allow the eggs to sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs immediately with cold water to stop the cooking process. Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Cut each egg in half and spoon the yolks into a mixing bowl. Combine the yolks with the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and salt. You can mix by hand or with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Put the yolk mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and fill each egg white. Sprinkle the tops with a dash of paprika. Enjoy!!