How much simpler can it get??
I was really laughing on Thanksgiving, because my gram-in-law commented on how good this was. She is definitely known for her amazing baking/cooking skills, and the look on her face when I told her the yams were from a can was priceless. I wish I had a camera at the moment!
This is an incredibly simple recipe that you can quickly throw together and let sit in the oven, while you're making other things.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cans Bruce's yams (58-oz. total)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 cup pecan chips (or crushed pecan halves)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain yams. Place in a medium bowl, and mash coarsely with a fork. Add the sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- For the topping, mix crackers, pecans and brown sugar. Add butter and mix well to combine. Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!