This next recipe might not be just chocolate chip cookies, but it definitely incorporates them into a sweet and delicious dessert!
Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time (plus refrigerating): 12 hours, 30 minutes
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 12 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (8-ounce) packages chocolate chip cookies, from your grocery store's bakery
- 1 package mini chocolate chips (for decoration)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the first 7 ingredients (through vanilla). Mix on low speed to combine, and then gradually increase the speed, until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the cake, arrange chocolate chip cookies flat in the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan, covering the bottom as much as possible. (Break some cookies to fill in empty spaces.)
- Spread a fifth of the mocha whipped cream evenly over the cookie layer. Place another layer of cookies on top, filling in all spaces. Repeat with the whipped cream and cookies until all 5 layers are complete, with whipped cream on top.
- Smooth the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips, and enjoy!
Source: Ina Garten