This is also the perfect meal for Valentine's Day with that special someone. Serve your filets with a side of au gratin potatoes and roasted broccoli with my mudslide brownie parfaits for dessert! You cannot go wrong :)
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 4 filet mignon steaks (1 1/2 inches thick and 6 oz. each)
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 Tablespoons butter for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Stir in parsley; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining butter with a splash of olive oil over medium-high heat. (If you have a high-heat frying pan like an All-Clad pan, lower the temperature to medium or slightly lower)
- Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer reaches desired doneness. (145* for medium-rare; 160* for medium, 170* for well-done)
- Serve with mushroom sauce. Enjoy!!
Source: Taste of Home