These are also excellent snacks to take to parties, served with a side of pizza sauce!
The longest part of preparing these is the thawing time of the rolls, but after they're ready, the rolls are quick and easy to assemble!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen rolls
- 1 bag frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
- 1 large bag or 2 small bags pepperoni--(6 pieces for each roll)
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese
- Grease a baking sheet or line baking sheet with greased aluminum foil. Set 12 frozen rolls on the sheet, spaced a few inches apart. (You need to leave plenty of space for the rolls to rise.) Spray a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Lay spray side down on top of rolls. Allow rolls to rise 3-5 hours. (They need to be completely thawed before beginning to assemble.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Get your assembly line ready! I always place pepperoni in piles of 6 so I make sure there is enough for each roll. Pour mozzarella cheese into a bowl.
- Remove plastic wrap. Take the first roll and stretch into a rectangle, gently. Spread out 3 pieces of pepperoni down the middle of the length of the roll. (Leave room at the edges.) Put a good amount of cheese on top of the pepperoni. Add another 3 pieces of pepperoni. Fold edges of dough to the center and seal tightly. (You can see in my top picture that some of my cheese has melted out of the roll. Seal well so that doesn't happen!) Place roll seal side down on parchment paper and repeat for each roll.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Cool 5-10 minutes and eat right away or let cool completely. Serve with a side of pizza sauce!