If you're looking for that perfect fall party dessert - this is it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 10 hours
Yield: Makes 1 large trifle bowl (serves approx. 12)
- 1 (14 oz.) package Gingerbread mix (cake not cookies!)
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 oz.) container CoolWhip, thawed
- 5-6 Gingersnaps, optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding according to package directions and set in the fridge to chill.
- Once the gingerbread is cooled, stir the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar and cinnamon into the pudding.
- Crumble half of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or large bowl. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture over the gingerbread and top with CoolWhip. Repeat with the gingerbread, pumpkin and CoolWhip.
- Sprinkle the top with crushed Gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate over night. Enjoy!!
Source: Paula Deen