These pumpkin raisin cookies are so delicious. They're also great even without the frosting if you want a really quick go-to pumpkin cookie! You must try them :)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes (x2)
Yield: approx. 3 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filling, but the pure pumpkin)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cookie removal!
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour through salt); set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Add in the egg, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
- Drop a heaping tablespoonful of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet for each cookie. Bake 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and mix until combined. Once the cookies are completely cooled, spread the frosting on each cookie. Enjoy!!