An even more excellent perk to this meal is that you can make the taco meat whenever you have time, freeze, and thaw as you need it! Can't get much easier than that!
Ingredients for Taco Meat:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet (1.25 ounce) Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix (I really like this one, because it's not too spicy!)
- Brown ground beef, breaking up large pieces. Drain grease.
- Add water and seasoning mix. Heat until thickened, stirring often.
- Crushed tortilla chips for the base
- Iceberg lettuce
- Taco Meat
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
You could also add:
- Refried beans, diced tomatoes, peppers or onions, taco sauce, etc.
Source: Lynn Palmer Homemade!
I also use the Taco Meat to make burritos. I love to stuff them with Knorr Taco Rice, which is just as simple to prepare! Be creative and share some ideas below!