This is such a delicious version of the simple French toast that we all know and love. All you need to do is add a splash of vanilla and a little sprinkle of cinnamon!
Yield: 1 serving
- 3 slices of your favorite bread (I like to use Oatmeal bread or Texas Toast)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash cinnamon
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat and add a small amount of shortening (like Crisco).
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture and flip over to soak both sides. Place on the heated griddle and cook for a few minutes, until golden brown. Before flipping the bread on the griddle, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. Cook the other side until golden brown. Enjoy!!
(I don't really measure as I add the vanilla, milk, or cinnamon - feel free to change this to make it exactly as you like!)