YES. Yes I did! And boy am I glad I did!
Ok, so I know these green beans don't look picture perfect but they are oh so yummy and oh so easy to make!
The first time I tried these, I remember thinking how weird this was until I actually tasted them. *drool!!* The point of this recipe is actually to burn the beans to give them that amazing flavor. Trust me...you'll be glad you burned your food!
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. fresh green beans
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add butter to a large skillet with lid and melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 2 minutes until lightly translucent.
- Add green beans and stir to coat with butter and onions.
- Allow green beans to start getting browned, stirring occasionally. Place lid on top to help steam the green beans and turn heat down to medium-low.
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally until green beans are all fairly "burned!" (There is really no exact science to this one. Use your best judgement and remember, slow and steady wins the race!)