Before we built our house a few years ago, we were fortunate to live with my husband's parents. My mother-in-law and I would share the dinner-making, and I always looked forward to this meal! Anytime she now offers to make us dinner, this is way at the top of my list :)
School just started back up for the year and I've been trying to think of meals that are super quick and easy to make while also providing lots of leftovers for my hubby and me to take for lunch the next day. This recipe calls for cooked chicken, and I just love buying a rotisserie chicken to shred and use in 2 different meals. It can't get much simpler than that!
Baking Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I love to use a rotisserie chicken!)
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/2 bag frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Lay shredded chicken in bottom of prepared dish.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken and stir to coat. Lightly salt to taste. Arrange thawed veggies over top.
- In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick, milk and melted butter. stirring to form a thin batter. Pour evenly over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour, until the crust rises to the top and browns lightly.