This is a super quick meal to throw together for a week night, but it will seem like you spent hours on it!
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pound chicken tenders, cut in 2-3 pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced (I used button mushrooms and it turned out just as well!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine (you can use the store-bought cooking wine, but the real wine makes such a difference)
- 8 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 12 ounce fettuccine noodles
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add onion and saute about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute about 12 minutes, until the mushrooms cooked.
- Add the wine and simmer about 4 minutes. Stir in the cheese and mustard. Immediately return the chicken to the pan with the drained fettuccine. Stir and heat through. It is important to not overheat once the cheese melts! Serve and enjoy!
Source: Rachael Ray