On Sundays, my husband's and my parents come over for a family dinner! We have been trying new recipes and we try to coordinate our food so that everything blends well! One week, we had a fall-themed dinner, and my mother-in-law tested out this wonderful fall salad. There are so many flavors in this that make you wish you were sipping hot apple cider while sitting fireside. This is definitely a keeper!
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Combine lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle with dressing or allow guests to add their own amount of dressing. Enjoy!