I love having people over and cooking tons of food for friends and family - most of the time, there is way too much food! For my last party, I asked my mom for good recommendations of appetizer recipes and I am SO glad that she suggested this delicious dip! Who doesn't love cheese and bacon?
The great thing about this dip is that you can make it ahead of time, refrigerate it, and reheat at 350 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes a 9-inch round pie plate
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Small onion or bunch of green onion, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 package thin-sliced bacon
- Plain pita chips (like Wheat Thins pita chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon until really crispy, according to package directions, then crumble.
- Mix all ingredients together (except pita chips) and place in a deep 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm and serve with pita chips!