I was so excited to make a meal for my family's Sunday dinner, but of course, my chicken-only-eating husband and my sister would not eat what I was going to make. I dug through my chicken recipes and came across this old favorite. It was perfect to make for both of them, because I cut up the chicken in advance, and then I breaded the pieces and placed it in the oven while I worked on some other things for our dinner. So simple!
These chicken nuggets have a delightful hint of sweetness that really set them apart. You can also double the batch and freeze the nuggets after they are baked. Dinner will be so quick next time for those busy nights, and your kids will love how fast dinner comes together!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
- 1 cup corn flakes crumbs (You can buy this, usually with the bread crumbs or you can crush your own)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (This is the secret ingredient!!)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sauce for dipping (I love barbecue with these!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray very lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the corn flakes, bread crumbs, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and allspice.
- Drizzle about 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil over the crumb mixture and mix well to incorporate the oil throughout.
- On a plate or other shallow dish, roll some of the chicken pieces in flour. Then, dredge the same chicken in egg, and roll in the crumb mixture. Make sure to cover the chicken completely with the crumbs. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with the remaining chicken.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and browned all over. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Source: Rachael Ray