Once we discovered this, we stopped our salmon search and haven't tried another one! This is definitely our go-to recipe for salmon, and everyone who has tried it loves it. It is super easy to make for a large crowd or a small dinner to impress!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes (45 mins. for sauce & 30 mins. for salmon--the sauce can be made a few days in advance)
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 t. minced garlic (about 1 small clove)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 c. Jack Daniel's whiskey
- 1/2 t. hot sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound salmon (I like the skinless salmon--much easier for preparation!)
- Place the first 9 ingredients (through the hot sauce) in a medium saucepan. Stir to mix well and dissolve the sugar. Place on medium heat and stir until it boils. Turn down the until for a slow simmer.
- Cook the sauce for 45 minutes; remove and refrigerate or use immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a glass 9x13 baking dish with foil. Pour some EVOO into the dish and spread it around with your fingers, to cover the entire bottom and some of the sides.
- Lay the salmon in the dish and pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven. Flip the salmon over and spoon the sauce over the top. (I sometimes pour a little extra sauce over top if needed.) Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!