On school nights when I am teaching, I'm always looking for things that are super quick and super easy. This is just the thing - especially if you find a pre-made pizza dough that you like! Of course, you can always make your own pizza dough from scratch!
You may be wondering where the chicken is in the picture below... One of our favorite pizza joints in Pittsburgh is Mineo's! Any other Mineo's fans out there?? Mineo's puts all of their toppings under the cheese, so that the cheese is bubbly and perfectly melty. Naturally, I had to do the same!!
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded (You can also use about 2-3 shredded, cooked chicken breasts--more or less for your liking!)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- Approx. 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 oz. shredded smoked Gouda cheese
(Note--Please remember that this does not need to be an exact science! My amounts are approximate, because I always sprinkle ingredients on top of my pizzas until I am satisfied!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the shredded chicken and pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup BBQ sauce over top. Mix so that all of the chicken is covered in sauce. Add more if necessary. Set aside.
- Using your prepared pizza crust, spread a layer of BBQ sauce on the bottom (1/4 to 1/2 cup), going about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Spread the chicken around the crust. Top with an even layer of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle on the gouda. The smokiness of the Gouda goes a long way, so don't overdo it! :)
- Top with the onion and corn, and any other ingredients that you want to add.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the cheese is nice and bubbly! I also like to turn my oven on broil and bake for an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing into 8 pieces. (The sugar in the barbecue sauce gets very hot!)