This is a quick and easy recipe to throw together, and then it sits and simmers for a couple of hours. Easy peasy!
Inactive Time: 2 hours
- 4 pounds kielbasa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce (we love to use Kraft Hickory bbq sauce for this recipe)
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 dash Worchestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco (optional)
- Slice the kielbasa into bite-sized rounds. Brown in a large batch or skillet in 2 or 3 batches. (You want the edges to brown, but don't overcook because the kielbasa gets tough) Drain well on paper towels.
- In about 2 Tablespoons of the drippings, cook the chopped onion until soft.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients into a large measuring cup and stir to mix well.
- Place the kielbasa in a crock pot (4-quart size works well.) Add the onion to the crock pot, and pour the bbq sauce mixture over top.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!