This is my perfect birthday dinner right here! Ever since I can remember, this is what I asked to have for my birthday dinner in January every year! I also loved when the fall weather hit and the house was cool so that my mom would turn on the oven to make this for dinner. (We typically avoided the oven over the summer because it made the house too warm!)
To describe these croissants, it's basically soft, creamy chicken rolled inside a croissant, baked, and covered in a delicious gravy. Serve them with green bean casserole and you have the best meal ever! And if you're looking to complete your "Andrea's birthday meal," finish the meal with a big slice of my homemade red velvet cake! :)
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 croissants
- 2 cups cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 roll refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the cooked chicken very fine, or use a food processor to mince.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, minced chicken, about 1 Tablespoon chicken broth, and onion powder. Mix to thoroughly combine.
- Lay crescent rolls flat on the counter and evenly divide the chicken mixture on top of each roll. Pull the two shorter corners of the crescent roll over the chicken and then wrap the longer end over.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, combine cream of chicken soup, remaining chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour enough gravy into the bottom of the dish to coat.
- Place each roll in the dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden on top. Heat the remaining gravy and pour over the rolls before serving.
Source: From the recipe box of Lynnie :)