Anyway, I figured a substantial dinner recipe was much needed. I had to post the best dinner recipe that I drool over every time when I make it. (I promise, no fajitas were actually harmed in the process of my drooling.)
You will love these and they are so quick to make after a long day at work!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Feeds a family of 4
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken tenders, cut into strips
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup salsa (I use mild but use whatever you prefer!)
- 1 bag medium-sized tortillas
- Additional toppings: Cheddar cheese, sour cream, taco rice (We love the Knorr taco rice in our fajitas!)
- Combine the lime juice, garlic, chili powder and cumin for the marinade. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Add a little bit of vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet. Add the chicken and cook until it loses its pink color, about 15 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken strips.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook 3 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove any excess liquid from the pan. Add the salsa and heat through, stirring to combine.
- Fold up your fajitas and enjoy!!