This recipe is definitely great for that reason--all you have to do is cook some pasta or rice and shred the chicken when you get home. Then it's ready to dig in!
Prep Time: 10 minutes before, 15 minutes for pasta/rice
Cook Time: at least 4 hours
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package dry zesty Italian dressing mix
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 box bowtie pasta (can also serve over rice or favorite pasta!)
- Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and cook until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over chicken. Cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- Cook pasta/rice according to box directions. Meanwhile, remove cooked chicken and shred or cube. Place back in sauce and stir to coat. Serve over pasta/rice.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything