These cute little cookies don't have any pretzel in them, but they are formed into the shape of a pretzel! You really can't go wrong with these!
I hope you've enjoyed my cookie tour and I am always up for suggestions on new recipes!
Chilling Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate melting bits (for drizzling)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons hot coffee or espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add to cream mixture. Mix until just combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
- Split dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long log and cut into 12 pieces. Then, roll each of these pieces into a 9-inch rope. Form dough into pretzel shapes and place pretzels on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 1 minute before moving to wire cooling racks.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, combine all mocha glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Dip the front side of cookies in the glaze and place on waxed paper. Allow the glaze to set. Then, melt white chocolate and drizzle over cookies with pastry bag or spoon. Enjoy!!
Source: Taste of Home