This recipe is a snap to put together, especially if you already have half of a rotisserie chicken shredded and ready to go! I could probably eat this once a week at least!
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1 17.5-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook mushrooms until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a small bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- Add butter to pan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, and cook about 2 minutes. (Be careful not to burn the flour!) Slowly incorporate the milk and chicken broth. Whisk constantly about 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Whisk in 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
- Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi and spinach to the sauce and allow the spinach to wilt. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Turn on the broiler and cooke for another 3 minutes to give the parmesan and beautiful golden finish! Remove from the oven, and be careful with the hot skillet!
- Serve and top with additional parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!!
Source: Food Network