Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes (2 trays at a time)
Yield: 8 dozen mini cupcakes
- 1 small box cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 small box orange Jell-O
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- (Reserved orange gelatin from above)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 mini cupcake pans with liners.
- Set aside 2 teaspoons orange gelatin for frosting. Mix together all ingredients, and continue to follow the cake mix box's prep directions.
- Fill cups almost 2/3 full with batter. (Don't overfill!) Bake 8-9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake (near the middle of the pan) comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before adding the frosting.
- For the frosting: Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes (use sparingly!!) and decorate with colored sugar crystals. (I used blue because of our wedding colors!)