Irwin is a great little town that is really being spruced up to bring in a new crowd! There are lots of cute shops, bakeries, and a renovated theater called The Lamp that was really big in its time. Now, I may be a bit partial, but the best part of Irwin is our amazing Catholic church, Immaculate Conception! Just look how beautiful it is during the Christmas season!
Chilling Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat well.
- On low speed, add in flour until just incorporated. Fold in Oreos until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out a Tablespoon of dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until just golden at the edges. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Source: The Cheesecake Cafe in Irwin