Now... you will all have to help settle a debate in this house. I gently crushed the Oreos so there were still big chunks of cookie, but my hubby said they weren't crushed fine enough! He thinks that the cookies should be completely crushed without any chunks at all...
What do all of you think?
Next time, I may have to divide the trifle and do half my way and half his way! Ha!!
Yield: about 10-12 servings
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3.4-oz box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 12 oz. container CoolWhip, thawed
- 1 bag regular Oreos, crushed (see my "crushed Oreos" debate above!)
- In a medium bowl, cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the pudding mix with milk until thick. Gently blend in the CoolWhip, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a trifle bowl or large serving bowl, place a layer of crushed Oreos on the bottom, followed by half of the pudding mixture. Add another layer of Oreos, then the remaining pudding mixture. Add the remaining Oreos on top and enjoy!!