Even though I didn't use my cupcakes for the wedding, I still have requests to make these amazing little Oreo "cupcakes from heaven" all the time! It's really a fairly simple recipe, because I sort of cheat and use a box mix! I must have 10 box mixes on hand in my pantry at all times =) The best secret to this recipe is hiding a mini Oreo on the bottom of each cupcake! It's a great surprise addition to the cake batter!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Bake Time: approx. 45 minutes
Yield: approximately 8 dozen mini cupcakes
- 1 package Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 2 bags mini Oreos
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- (remaining Oreo's from above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 4 pans with mini cupcake liners; place a mini Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Mix cake mix according to box directions. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full; bake 8 minutes.
- Continue until all batter is used. While the cupcakes are cooling completely, begin to make the frosting. Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and blend well.
- Chop the remaining Oreos very finely. (I mean, incredibly finely!! When I use a pastry bag, the Oreo's will clog the pastry tip if there are still chunks of Oreo in the frosting. I suggest using a food processor!) Add Oreos to the frosting and mix well.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!!