That brought me to ordering their amazing roasted garlic and cauliflower pizza. It had the perfect amount of garlic and cauliflower goodness that I may or may not have eaten 3 large pieces. I don't usually eat vegetarian options (mainly because I'm not a huge veggie person) but also because I always feel like I need some sort of protein from meat or seafood. However, this pizza filled me up and was so delicious!
I borrowed the topping recipe from Aggie's Kitchen, and the crust recipe was given to me by a family member. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
Active: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
4-5 cloves garlic, minced (the amount is really up to you!)
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
Good pinch of salt and pepper
4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (amount is up to you as well!)
Parmesan cheese (I used a parmesan, asiago, romano blend I found in the italian food aisle)
Red pepper flakes--for serving (Optional)
1 pkg. fast-rise, active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees F)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each--garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large bowl, toss together cauliflower, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet lined with foil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pizza dough by dissolving the yeast in the water. Let stand about 5 minutes. Add the olive oil. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir well and knead in the bowl (adding extra flour if necessary until the dough is smooth and slightly tacky).
- Press the dough evenly on a pizza stone.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, remove from the oven and change the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the prepared dough. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and turns slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and drizzle a light amount of olive oil on top.