You know, I have always appreciated my mom and all that she does for our family, but I don't think I realized just how much she has done for us until I had a baby of my own. Even now, my mom will drop everything to come over and help me out if I'm struggling. Parenthood is anything but easy! My mom has found a way to make parenting look easy though. I don't know how she does it.
We just spent the weekend baking cookies and I love that time spent with her. My sister came over and was helping to watch Emma since she can't quite help with cookie baking yet :) I absolutely cherish this time spent with the three girls while we sing in three-part harmony to Journey of Promises and the Wicked soundtrack.
Inactive Time: 1 hour
Active Time: 25 minutes
Yield: about 3 dozen
- 2 boxes frozen, chopped spinach
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 5 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat spinach in microwave to defrost, according to package instructions - do not add any extra water.
- Drain spinach and squeeze well to remove most of the liquid.
- Add all ingredients together. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just lightly golden. Enjoy!!
- (You could also form the spinach balls and freeze on a cookie sheet for later. Once frozen, transfer to large freeze bags. If baking frozen, add another 10 minutes or so to baking time.)