I also love that these are so versatile! You can turn any of your favorite Oreo flavors into a truffle! The recipe below is for a simple, but amazingly decadent traditional Oreo dipped in white chocolate - I do think these are my favorites - but you can also use peanut butter filled Oreos dipped in semi-sweet chocolate, mint filled Oreos in dark chocolate, or any other combination you like! (Comment below to tell me your favorite!) Now if only they'd bring back the coffee filled Oreos...mmmmmm...
Inactive Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: about 3-4 dozen
- 1 box traditional Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounce bag (or similar size) white chocolate melting wafers
- 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips, for decorating
- Using a rolling pin or food processor, finely crush Oreos. Combine Oreo crumbs with cream cheese (it's okay to get in there and use your hands!) Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll a Tablespoon of dough in your hands and set on a baking sheet covered in waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip each Oreo ball, turning to coat. Carefully set back on the waxed paper and repeat until all are dipped in chocolate. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and pour into a pastry bag to drizzle on top. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Truffles should be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or frozen in an airtight container. If stacking the truffles, make sure to layer with parchment or waxed paper so that they don't stick to each other! Enjoy!!